Tax Preparation &
Dispute Services

Our expertise in tax law can help you focus on what you love.

Tax Preparation Services

If your finances are complicated, our expertise in domestic and international tax law will help guide you through the myriad filing requirements when reporting your worldwide income and assets. You may not realize that a U.S. taxpayer is subject to certain reporting requirements concerning worldwide income and assets, even if such items are reported and taxed in another country. You may also receive a foreign tax credit for taxes paid to another country when calculating your U.S. income tax. With our expertise in tax law, we will prepare or oversee the preparation of your federal and state income tax returns and all necessary disclosure statements efficiently and competently, no matter where your income is derived. Our tax preparation services include the following:

  • Federal and State Income Tax Returns
  • Income Tax Returns for Trusts and Estates
  • Federal and State Estate Tax Returns
  • Disclosure statements for foreign income and assets, including the Form 114, Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR) and Form 3520 Annual Return To Report Transactions With Foreign Trusts and Receipt of Certain Foreign Gifts

Tax Controversies

If you receive an unpleasant notice from the IRS or the Department of Revenue, remove some of the stress by letting us represent you in the matter. We will ease you through the entire examination process by representing you before the taxing authorities, with the goal of reducing your anxiety and concluding the matter as favorably and efficiently as possible.

Our tax controversy services include the following:

  • Representation before the Internal Revenue Service
  • Representation before the Massachusetts Department of Revenue
  • Obtaining Hardship Status
  • Entering into an Installment Agreement
  • Offers in Compromise

Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP)

Do you own assets held in a foreign country? Have you been disclosing the existence of these accounts and reporting their income on your income tax returns? In the event that you receive a notice from your financial institution that your assets are subject to reporting to the IRS under the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), we will help guide you through the procedure to bring you into compliance.

Commonly Asked Questions

How can I settle with the IRS?
Do I need to report my income earned from another country?
When do I need to pay estimated tax?
Is my PPP going to be taxed?

Connect with us

Let us handle the fine print so you can focus on what you love.

Les L. Hoiberg, Esq.

Les L. Hoiberg

Owner, Attorney
(781) 878-1166
(781) 878-2666